The Family Firm, Inc. has been a trusted member of the Washington DC financial community since 1984. We are one of the oldest independent financial advisory firms providing comprehensive financial planning and wealth management services to individuals and families in the Washington Area.
During that time, we've helped many individuals and families manage their wealth - successfully and prudently.
- Your Financial Partner
- A Fee-Only™ Firm
- Professional Guidance in an Ever-Changing Financial Landscape
- In-Depth Expertise & Recommendations
- The Family Firm's Values Statement
Your Financial Partner. The Family Firm's approach to financial management is highly personalized. We recommend financial strategies appropriate for you alone. We are your guide, your sounding board, your financial analyst, your coach.
A Fee-Only™ Firm. The Family Firm's services are strictly Fee-Only™. This means we do not receive commissions from the institutions and investments we recommend to our clients. It means we work for you, not for commissions. It also means that we are not beholden to any bank, brokerage firm or insurance company in selecting products and services for you. For more information on the advantages of working with a fee-only advisor see the Fee-Only™ section.
Professional Guidance in an Ever-Changing Financial Landscape. In today's volatile tax and investment environment, a heightened degree of vigilance is required. The Family Firm recognizes that when it comes to financial affairs, there's no such thing as 'business as usual' anymore. We assign a team of specialists to ensure that you benefit from a broad approach as well as specialized technical knowledge.
In-Depth Expertise & Recommendations. Most financial decisions are interrelated, with likely consequences that affect your future financial security. The Family Firm conducts the requisite in-depth analysis before making recommendations - recommendations that are supportive of your unique goals and circumstances.
We believe that our clients reap the best possible advantage by having a team. Each client works with:
- A Financial Advisor,
- A Financial Planning Assistant, and
- The Director of Investments.
The Family Firm's Values Statement. We believe in the value of comprehensive, continuous, professional financial management. We strive to understand what is important to you and to manage your affairs to achieve your goals. Our expectation is to build a committed relationship with you.
These core beliefs are integral to what we do:
- Our primary goal is your complete and total financial security throughout your entire life. We believe it is our responsibility to alert you to anything that may jeopardize this outcome.
- We believe that success involves integrating all of your resources: your financial, human, and psychological capital. These attributes are unique to you and are the primary contributors to your long-term success.
- We believe that once lost, personal wealth is not easily restored. We practice a prudent approach to investment management, through asset allocation and a continuous assessment of market risk versus reward.
- We believe that our contribution to your success stems from our professional competence and our independence from product purveyors.
- We believe in integrating taxes, cash flow, investments, estate planning and risk management. We believe all of these areas are integral for achieving and maintaining personal financial success.
- Our work together is an iterative process. The outcome is generally a course of action, and not necessarily a document. Success is achieved over time.
- We believe that if we make mistakes, we must correct them. But first, we must know of them. Please talk to us so that we may do so.
- We believe that mutual trust and respect form the cornerstone of our relationship.
- Financial planning is personal and is enhanced by the quality of our mutual communications and the openness of our relationship.
- We believe that you should be as involved in your plan as we are. This means that we will often ask you for help in gathering information or talking with other advisors who may have this information.
- We believe that even people who don't like numbers and paperwork can have financial success. Our service is tailored to your individual style.